Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reading Challenges

By back at the beginning of 2015, I posted that I planned on taking part in the PopSugar's 2015 Reading Challenge on Goodreads.



I have really enjoyed taking part.  The challenge is now in week 41 and I have now managed to read all but 7 books of the 52 required categories.  The list can be found on the Goodreads challenge group.

I'm pretty sure I will be able to finish up the challenge before the end of November and I will post a list of each of the titles I read along with the categories.

The group is now voting on a regular to come up with our own list of categories for 2016 and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.  I've already picked most of the titles I'd like to read for it.

In addition to this group, I also have a goal of reading 100 books this year and as of today, I'm 8 books ahead of schedule so I think I'll get there.

Once I become hooked on this challenge group, I decided to start looking for some more on Goodreads and discovered The Challenge Factory and The Lost Challenges.  Combined, these two groups have a LOT going on!  I've limited myself to 2 or 3 challenges per group.  For this month, I'm taking part in a scavenger hunt of October themed words, a phobia challenge, a scattegory game, a Halloween trivia challenge, plus a couple of others.  In most cases you can decide what level so reading as few as 4 or 5 books a month will still allow you to take part.  It's become quite addictive!!  I'm starting to wonder if I enjoy selecting the books I'll read as much as I enjoy reading them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment