Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sunshine Crate Mystery Clearance Bag July

I was very curious to see a new clothing subscription company. I have wanted to try Golden Tote for quite awhile but the cost, exchange, shipping and possible custom fees have scared me off.  I did try one of their mystery bags in January and was happy with three of the four items, but still not sure about subscribing regularly.

I still follow the Golden Tote Trading Group on Facebook and it was there that I heard of Sunshine Crate.  I'm a sucker for new start up companies so I placed an order for a clearance bag and a regular mystery crate.  This is a review of the clearance bag only.

The shipping was incredibly quick and the contact with the owner was very positive.  I started following the company on Facebook and used a discount code that was posted there which gave me a $10 discount off a clearance bag which brought it to $15 for the bag.  The bag promised 3 pieces of clothing and 1 accessory.  Pretty awesome price for all of that.



From the reviews I had read and pictures posted of some of the clothing I was concerned that some of it would be too young for me, but fortunately I have a teenager who is the same size as me and would love the items that wouldn't work for me.  The first item I pulled out of the bag was indeed, far too young for me but I think looks perfect on her!  The ruffle skirt is more mustard colored than yellow and will be perfect for the fall.  The embroidery on the waistline is teals and pinks which matched perfect with the bracelet that was also included.



The next item I pulled out was this necklace which is really pretty.  I know I'll wear this one quite a bit.

The last two pieces of clothing worked together perfectly.  I LOVE that the mystery bag provided an entire outfit not just random pieces.  The tunic is a nice loose fit so could be worn this time of the year, but I do think it will be a great fall outfit with a cardigan.  The color is a bit dull but that's fine.  The leggings are lined making them far too warm to wear in the summer but I know I will use them this fall.  The only thing that was disappointing was the quality of the leggings.  There is already a pull in them and it's obvious they will pill quickly.


Overall, I was really impressed with this clearance grab bag.  The owner did state that the bag was made up of items that she didn't feel comfortable using in the regular crates due to quality or style.  I can see why these pants wouldn't be included in a regular crate and therefore part of this bag.  When I ordered a clearance bag, I knew there may be items with flaws, etc. so I can't complain.

Overall, I was really impressed with this bag.  3 clothing items and two accessories for a great price!!


No comments:

Post a Comment